Many DJs feels comfortable with the Virtual DJ software- all thanks to its revolutionary features that are easy to explore and customize. That’s why the demand for DJ controllers that provides smooth support to this software is seeing an all-time high. If you’re also one of those DJs, then luckily you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll talk about the features to look at while buying a controller for Virtual DJ along with some of the best options available in the market that are sure to best suits all your requirements. Now without much ado, let’s get into it!
Things to look at:
- The controller you’re planning to buy should be provided native support by the Virtual DJ software. If this is not the case, mapping it manually can be a complex and challenging task.
- Make sure the controller comes with Virtual DJ LE, especially if you don’t have a license for Virtual DJ Plus or Pro Infinity. Once the limited period of using the Virtual DJ LE is over, you can upgrade to higher versions taking advantage of various discount schemes.
- Depending on your personal preferences, you can also consider touch-sensitive wheels and a built-in soundcard feature. However, if you already master the skill of scratching and have an external soundcard, these features aren’t too important.
- If you’re a mobile DJ, look for a controller that lets you connect to vinyl decks and CD players so that you always have a backup in case your laptop is damaged or does not function properly. Controllers that come with real hardware mixers are a great pick if especially if you get plenty of karaoke gigs.
- As we always say, a lot depends on your individual requirements. While purchasing a controller that is compatible with the Virtual DJ, you can consider a few other features such as a high-resolution pitch slider, media player, LED backlit buttons, and display screens.
Best DJ Controllers for Virtual DJ:
Numark Party Mix
The Numark Party Mix is one of the best DJ controllers that works seamlessly with the Virtual DJ and Serato DJ Lite software. It allows you to mix and mash up all your favorite tracks and provides effortless connectivity to your MAC or PC. The LED lights enhance your performance, and the built-in sound card provides flawless functionality. The controller weighs 1.76 pounds and features two jog-wheels, four performance pads, a crossfader, pitch faders and cue/sync/play buttons. The design is, sleek and ultra-portable, construction is robust, so you can easily haul this set-up to and from gigs. All in all, the Numark party Mix controller contains all the features that you need to get the party started, and it works perfectly with Virtual DJ setup too, Isn’t it amazing?
- Excellent quality
- Great for beginner DJs
- Amazing built-in light show and sound card feature
- Easy set-up
- Pretty affordable
- Requires a subscription fee after a month’s use (limited license time)
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB3
The DDJ-SB3 is yet another great DJ controller that flawlessly works with both Virtual DJ and Serato software. It weighs 4.63 pounds and features almost all elements of the DDJ-SB2 along with some added features. It is equipped with FX fade, low-latency jog wheels, knobs, faders, cue/play/auto loop buttons, mic input, USB B port, RCA and headphone output, and performance pads. It comes with a fantastic pad scratch feature, a built-in sound card, and two performance channels. The jog wheels are made of aluminum and thanks to all the premium materials, this controller by PIONEER is very durable. It is very lightweight and comes with handles that makes this DJ set-up incredibly portable. Use Virtual DJ and Serato without any hassle and enjoy the feel of professional Djing.
- Smooth functionality
- Lightweight and portable
- Great for beginners and professionals alike
- Reputed brand
- Best bang for your buck
- Delicate build
Numark Mixtrack 3
Numark enjoys an excellent reputation when it comes to DJ gears especially controllers, and yet again it has outdone itself by launching the Mixtrack 3- a spectacular all-in-one DJ controller that provides impressive functionality with the Virtual DJ software. It weighs 3.98 pounds and features sixteen multi-function RGB performance pads, pitch sliders, metal jog wheels, filter knobs, browse controls and a prime loops remix toolkit. It also provides a free Virtual DJ software download card. The Mixtrack 3 is not your conventional controller as it has been specifically designed to cater to the needs of professionals, beginner, and mobile DJs alike. This set-up looks visually attractive, and the metal build makes it durable and strong enough to survive rugged situations. All around, the Mixtrack 3 could be your best bet if you’re looking for something that works seamlessly with the Virtual DJ software.
- Amazing performance and quality
- Features a MIDI cable
- Fantastic responsiveness on jog wheels and touch strip
- Easy to use
- Available at a great price
- Lacks built-in sound card feature
American Audio – VMS5
If you’re looking for an all-in-one MIDI DJ controller, then the VMS5 is probably the best-suited option that will take care of all your Djing needs. It weighs 18 pounds and features a standalone mixer, two microphone inputs, four line inputs, two phono inputs, and four USB channels. This set-up is equipped with On/off buttons, illuminated knobs, and a crossfader. It indeed is the most comprehensive DJ gear for beginners who are just starting to learn the ins and outs of Djing. The VMS5 is one of the best MIDI controllers that fits your budget, suits your personal requirements and preferences as well as provides impeccable functionality with the Virtual DJ software.
- Excellent mixer
- Robust construction
- Outstanding compatibility with innofader crossfaders
- Hassle-free set-up
- Best buy for the price point
- Generic crossfader
- No built-in soundcard
Wrapping it up:
So there you have it, the best DJ controllers for Virtual DJ! No matter which DJ controller you choose, all the options mentioned above works flawlessly with Virtual DJ software all contains all the necessary features that will help you explore new boundaries of Djing. We hope this article was helpful in answering all your questions and providing the best-suited option as per your requirements. Thanks for stopping by!